Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Review: Hal Osaka's THAT BEAUTY IS A TRAMP, volume 1

 

THAT BEAUTY IS A TRAMP
Volume 1
Rom-Com manga

 

 

 

AUTHOR:
Hal Osaka

RELEASE DATE:
August 13, 2024

PUBLISHER:
Kodansha Comics

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
9798889334781

RATING:
4.5

 

 

Nagi is a tomboy who secretly yearns to experience romance and passion with a man. However, unconsciously her body rejects any touch from them. Aran is an androgynous male model already popular in women’s fashion. He wants to branch out in men’s couture. He spots Nagi at a fashion show and asks her to be his partner in an upcoming photo shoot. She agrees, only if he agrees to help her overcome her aversion to male touch. Can Aran cure Nagi of her problem?

Aran reminds me of Ayame Sohma from Fruit Basket. They have the same vibe, flair and confidence. And long, beautiful hair! I have a weakness for anime and manga men with long hair. They are my kryptonite. What I love the most about Aran is how HE sees Nagi’s beauty. He dislikes how she continuously disparages her looks.

Nagi proves to be Aran’s perfect contrast. She is not confident in her appearance, whereas he is. I love how Aran is slowly helping Nagi build up her confidence. And I like how the mangaka did not make it instant. Being around Aran is opening Nagi’s eyes to a good many things.

I really enjoyed this volume. It is a fun quick read. Also, it is a nice change-of-pace for me. Nagi and Aran are both adults.

I plan on picking up this manga for my collection and to read upcoming volumes as they are released.

 


No comments: