Thursday, May 16, 2024

Review: Kaho Ozaki's "My Noisy Roommate: The Roof Over my Head......."

 

MY NOISY ROOMMATE: THE ROOF OVER MY HEAD COMES WITH MONSTERS AND A HOTTIE, Volume 1
BL / Paranormal / Manga

 

 

 

AUTHOR:
Kaho Ozaki

RELEASE DATE:
June 25, 2024

PUBLISHER:
Kodansha Comics

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
9798888771211

RATING:
5

 

 

Osuke looks forward to living on his own. When he moves into his new apartment, he finds it flooded. Homeless, and unable to afford another place, Osuke bemoans his fate until a real estate agent approaches him. The man offers him a place to stay but it comes with conditions. Osuke must live with a roommate, a blonde-haired hottie with supernatural abilities. Now he finds himself in an odd partnership as they deal with paranormal beings.

This is such a fun read! Osuke and Nijio are the unlikeliest of partners. However, their innate abilities compliment the others.

I like how Osuke is unaware of his ability. That it does not surface until meeting Nijio. I cannot wait to see how Osuke adapts and grows with his gift and with Nijio’s help.

We get a small glimpse into Nijio’s past. I hope in future volumes we get to learn more about him, especially concerning his spiritual power. I need to learn more! I also want to see the development of his chemistry with Osuke.

The title is a mouthful. However, it is the mangaka’s style that drew my attention. I WILL be adding this title and future volumes to my personal library. It is definitely a keeper.


No comments: