THE BRIDE CHASE
Historical Romance
AUTHOR:
Christy Carlyle
RELEASE DATE:
September 1, 2026
PUBLISHER:
Oliver Heber Books
ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
B0HCWZ2T9L
RATING:
4
AUTHOR LINK:
https://christycarlyle.com/
Philippa “Pip” Morgan flees to Brighton to avoid an
arrange marriage with a man twice her age. She cannot forget the night spent in
the garden with her brother’s best friend. Pip plans to travel abroad until she
reaches the age of majority. She never expected her brother to send Atlas
Ballentine to retrieve her. Can Philippa convince Atlas to let her go? Or will
he break her heart for a second time?
Atlas Ballentine, Viscount Stonefield, intends to marry a
wealthy heiress. His intentions are disrupted when his friend asks for his help
in locating and returning his missing sister. Atlas regrets how he avoided Pip
after their romantic encounter in his family’s gardens. When he finds her in
Brighton, Atlas realizes how he truly feels for Philippa. Will he return Pip to
her brother? Or will Atlas convince her to marry him instead?
I applaud Pip’s initiative to escape an unwanted arranged
marriage, especially when her brother ignored her reservations. She is not the
type of woman to meekly do as bid. With Atlas, I love how he fought for Pip’s
right to choose her spouse instead of siding with his friend. Even Atlas
opposed the match. I like how he finally realizes his feelings when Pip
threatens to travel abroad.
I am uncertain if THE BRIDE CHASE belongs to any of the
author’s series. Christy Carlyle is not new to me. I have only read one other
book by her, and that is THE DUKE AND LADY SCANDAL, book one in her PRINCES OF
LONDON series.
I do have one small nitpick with the story: the ending.
It felt lackluster – Atlas and Pip did not confront her brother, his best
friend. What was the backlash on Pip’s
broken engagement? Surely, there is one. Unless it is touched on in another
book (if this novella belongs to a series).
With me and novellas, they are not long enough to allow
me to connect with the characters fully. I would have enjoyed it better if it
was a full-length novel. That is on me, not the author.

No comments:
Post a Comment