KOREAN BLACK
Contemporary Romance, Korean Drama, New Adult
AUTHOR:
JP Brome
RELEASE DATE:
September 25, 2026
PUBLISHER:
Independently Published
ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
1239871236541
RATING:
2.5
AUTHOR LINK:
https://jpbrome.com/
Sadly, KOREAN BLACK was a DNF for me. The author’s
writing style simply did not work for me. The flow felt stilted and dull,
making it hard to become immersed in the plot or connect with the characters.
I am the kind of reader who enjoys vivid descriptions. I
like being able to picture the characters in my mind. Some authors overdo it.
However, there were zero in this story. I could not clearly picture Yi Seo Kim
or the other characters. What color hair did they have? Short or long hair? Eye
color? Nada is ever specified. All I knew was that she and her father were
Korean. So, for Yi Seo Kim I imagined she looked like either IU or Suzy, two of
my favorite Korean actresses.
Another issue I have is that I could not tell which man
was meant to be Yi Seo Kim’s romantic interest. Jun Woo Han or this Jaemin guy?
I did not sense any chemistry between any of them. Awareness, yes? But, that is
it. I would have liked more parts with Jun Woo Han’s point of view. It would
have allowed readers to empathize and connect with him better.
The Liam angle felt out of place in this story. It may
have worked better as a separate story, a sequel to KB. The author could have
focused more on Jun Woo Han’s point of view more.

No comments:
Post a Comment