Thursday, August 13, 2026

Review for Jil Hashikura's HONEY BEE & LEMON BALM: SWEET MOMENTS

 

HONEY BEE & LEMON BALM
SWEET MOMENT

Boys Love Manga

 

  

AUTHOR:
Jil Hashikura

RELEASE DATE:
October 13, 2026

PUBLISHER:
Kodansha Comics

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
9798888777626

RATING:
3.5

 

 

Former yakuza Kaoru Mitsuya and florist Yuichiro Shirouzu are now in a relationship. But, they have yet to take the next step: sex. Kaoru struggles to hide his frustration, while Yuichiro deals with his insecurities. Will a possible rival drive them further apart? Or will he push Yuichiro to grow intimate with his younger lover?

This one-shot sequel disappointed me. I expected to see Kaoru and Yuichiro experiencing the honeymoon phase of their relationship. However, six months have passed, and nothing has really changed between them. Yuichiro still behaves skittishly towards any advances Kaoru attempts.

I thought the new character introduced in this volume would elicit Yuichiro’s jealousy. Instead, he accosts Kaoru at every turn with Yuichiro becoming aware of it. I expected Yuichiro to misinterpret the situation or get mad. Nope, he seems to have become introspected. That is what frustrated me the most. I have this feeling that the new character will be paired off with Yuichiro’s younger brother.

 

 


No comments: