Wednesday, April 21, 2021

My review for the manga And Yet, You Are So Sweet

 




Review: 

AND YET, YOU ARE SO SWEET is such a sweet and wholesome romantic manga. I really adore these types of mangas.

This one had a KIMI NI TODOKE and SAY, I LOVE YOU vibe – where the main female lead is awkward, unpopular and average, and the main lead is handsome and wildly popular.

Maaya Kisaragi musters up the courage to confess to her crush. Unfortunately, he rejects her and then mocks her on social media. Kisaragi wants to find a new boy to crush on.

Chigira overhears Kisaragi’s woes. He is the most sought-out boy in school. Chigira empathizes with her and proposes she obsess about him.

I like that Chigira sees the real Kisaragi. He does not seem interested in a person’s outer appearance but to the person within.

I got en electronic copy through Netgalley. I plan on buying a hardcopy to add to my growing manga collection! I cannot wait for Volume 2.


No comments: