Monday, June 14, 2021

Review for manga Wotakoi Volume 1- 4

 

With the fifth volume coming in September (and yes, I plan to preorder soon!), I decided a re-read was in order.

Believe me, that is no hardship, especially with this manga! It has quickly become a favorite and my go-to manga. It never fails to make me giggle and feel good inside.

Now, if Sentai or Funimation will buy the license for the anime and dub it, so I can own the anime. I’d be happy!


VOL 1
This manga is one of my favorites.
It is one that I often re-visit and re-read whenever the fancy takes me.

This volume introduces the key characters - Narumi, Hirotaka, Kabakura, and Koyanagi.
Narumi is a fujoshi. Hirotaka is a gamer. Koyanagi is into cosplay. Kabakura is a closet otaku.

Narumi and Hirotaka are childhood friends. The two lost touch after middle school until Narumi starts at the company Hirotaka works at. She has one goal: to hide that she is an otaku. Naru and Hirotaka re-kindle their friendship, but they bump it up to the next step: dating. I love how Naru and Hirotaka can read each other. They each know how the other feels just looking at them. Other people cannot read them... and time did not diminish that ability.

Kabakura and Koyanagi overlook the two's relationship and befriend the two.

I so love the antics of all four. They never fail to make me laugh and feel good inside. I especially love all the many anime and manga references. And I absolutely adore Nao-chan, Hirotaka's brother. Even though the latter is a brat towards him.

The anime really follows the manga pretty well



VOL 2

Hirotaka and Naru decided to go out on a date - an anime-free and game-free date. What fun will the two have? How well will they handle this new situation in their relationship!

Nao meets someone who reminds him of his brother. However, this new person has severe social anxieties. Nao tries to befriends Ko by playing games - something he is horrible at. Is Ko a boy or girl! Okay, I have to say this... Nao and Ko are so damn adorable!! They are my favorites!!







VOL 3

Narumi, Hirotaka, Kabakura, and Hana's company has a mandatory trip to the hot springs! How will the two couples handle hiding their relationship from their co-workers. What hijinks will the four get into.

This volume also shows Naru's foray in cosplay thanks to Hana!

Nao is tore up over his misunderstanding with Ko. However, she has been avoiding him and school. Nao turns to Naru for him. Yet it is Hirotaka that provides him a way to patch up with Ko.

Okay, Ko and Nao are so damn cute! He's pure and clueless. She's so awkward and shy! And really, Nao is the perfect guy to understand a hardcore gamer female otaku like Ko. He did grow up afterall with Hirotaka! I so want these two to be a couple already!

I absolutely love how Ko and Hirotaka hit it off. 



VOL 4

Hana and Kabakura decide to take their relationship to the next step… Things are slowly evolving with Naru and Hirotaka! What will their next step be!

They are not the only ones that is evolving. Nao’s presence helps Ko open up a little more.

She runs into Naru on two different occasions, the second with Hana. The two decide to help the social awkward woman buy new clothes.

I do believe Naru is playing matchmaker. She likes Ko. Naru is not the only person who approves of Ko. Even Hirotaka likes her with his brother, which is evident when he remembers her name.

Nao has reached that turning point…. I want these two to become a couple so damn bad! I love to see more interactions with the rest of the group!! They are so damn wholesome!

No comments: