Thursday, February 17, 2022

Review: Atsuko Yusen's DEKO-BOKO BITTERSWEET DAYS

 


Rating: 4.5

Rui and Yuujirou have been together since childhood. I assume, in the first book, shows how these two’s relationship deepens beyond friendships. They are a bona fide couple.

However, reality intrudes on their relationship. They are now third years in high school. The two must think about their future: what university to attend, when and how to reveal their relationship to their families and friends.

I thought the relationship between Rui and Yuujirou is cute and sweet. They have their fair show of angst and uncertainties. There are some steamy moments between the two.

Yui is tall but mild-mannered and soft-hearted. Yuujirou is smaller, muscular, and tough. The two balance each other out.

I cannot remember the last time when I read a bl/yaoi where the uke is taller than the seme. It is a nice contrast.

 I have not read the first book, but I plan to do so when I find it… I intend to include these two volumes in my collection.


No comments: