Tuesday, March 12, 2024

My review for Janna MacGregor's A SIMPLE SEDUCTION

 

A SIMPLE SEDUCTION
Historical Romance

 

 

 

AUTHOR:
Janna MacGregor

RELEASE DATE:
April 2, 2024

PUBLISHER:
---

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
B0CRLNXCMK

RATING:
4.5

AUTHOR LINK:
https://www.jannamacgregor.com/

 

 

Lady Honoria “Noria” Ardeerton is the eldest sister of the Duke of Pelham. She sneaks into her brother’s masquerade to experience one night of pleasure. Noria meets Marcus. However, she never expected him to be her brother’s best friend. Or for them to be caught in a compromising position. Noria fears an old family shame could harm his charity if she marries him. Can Noria find the strength to exorcise the past? Or will it have the power to destroy everything that she loves?

Marcus Kirkland, the Earl of Trafford, wants to find a wife who can help him with his charity. He never expected to find his ideal bride at his best friend’s annual masquerade. Marcus is convinced Noria is perfect for him, but she insists on a one-time, no attachment affair. After their one night together, he discovers his lover’s identity. Now he must convince Noria to marry him to save both of their reputations. Can Marcus soothe all of Honoria’s fears enough to marry him? Or will this jeopardize his friendship with Pelham?

I am still undecided on my feelings for Honoria. There were moments when she aggravated or annoyed me. I understand her reservations, especially on the marriage front. Anyone would. However, she did some things that came off as foolish. What I like the most about Honoria is her good heart. She enjoyed helping her brother look after his tenants. Honoria even treated servants with respect and kindness.

Marcus has a heart of gold! I adore the charity that he has started. Marcus intends to help children who were like him, orphaned young without relatives. Unlike his peers, he does not want to ignore their plight. I like the patience that Marcus showed Honoria. Deep down, he knew there was a reason for her reluctance. Marcus tried everything to overcome her fears. He refused to give up on her.

A SIMPLE SEDUCTION is the first book in Janna MacGregor’s brand-new historical romance series, MILLIONAIRES OF MAYFAIR. My wish came true! I had hoped the author would write a series about the Ardeerton siblings. Pelham intrigued me in HOW TO BEST A MARQUESS (the last book in THE WIDOW RULES series). I especially wanted to see how he would react to his sisters’ love interests. He did not disappoint me! I also adore the close bond the three Ardeerton siblings share.

I have a feeling I know who Pelham’s heroine will be. His book will be a second chance trope, my least favorite. Which dims my enthusiasm. I wonder if Pippa will be paired with Ravencroft. Their book I will anticipate.


No comments: