Saturday, August 8, 2026

Review for Sherrilyn Kenyon's HELL'S HALF ACRE

 

HELL’S HALF ACRE
Paranormal

 

  

AUTHOR:
Sherrilyn Kenyon

RELEASE DATE:
August 18, 2026

PUBLISHER:
Oliver Heber Books

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
B0GR2BXMY8

RATING:
5

AUTHOR LINK:
https://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/

 

 

Luke Teivel, the son of Lucifer and a Hellhound Alpha, is a detective for Infernal Affairs. After he and his new partner solve their first case, another quickly arises. Meanwhile, Luke must wrangle his closet demons back to where they belong and discover who released them. To add to his workload, someone has placed a bounty on Sorcha. Are these three incidents connected? And can Luke protect Sorcha from the unknown forces threatening her?

Detective Sorcha O’Malley is settling into her new position at Infernal Affairs – and adjusting to her new partner’s idiosyncrasies. On top of their latest case, she volunteers to help Luke track down his escaped closet demons. When Sorcha encounters a sinister being bent on taking her, she and Luke discover someone has put a mark on her. Can she and Luke uncover who placed the bounty on her? Is it tied to the ancient power within Sorcha?

Luke makes this book – and series – so entertaining to read. He is now one of my all-time favorite characters from Sherrilyn Kenyon. His antics and sharp wisecracks always amuse me. I never know what to expect from him or his mouth. I like that Luke is slowly evolving. He is aware of the changes and what sparked them. What I adore the most about Luke is his protectiveness towards his partner Sorcha. He is aware that she is his weakness, and he will not let any godly or supernatural force harm her.

Sorcha is an interesting enigma. She is gradually learning that there is far more to her than even she understands. Whatever that is, it baffles her supernatural partner and his ancient friends. I like how Luke is rubbing off on Sorcha, especially his warped sense-of-humor. And she is inadvertently influencing change in him. What I adore the most about Sorcha is that she knows there is more to Luke than his evil heritage. She knows that it does not define him.

HELL’S HALF ACRE is the second book in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s new paranormal series, INFERNAL AFFAIRS. Fans of both SUPERNATURAL and LUCIFER will enjoy this series. It shares the same type of elements. There is even a Supernatural reference, which made me smile. I recommend starting with the first book, HELL TO PAY. It establishes the characters, the setting, parts of Luke’s history, how he and Sorcha got paired up, and other pertinent details. I read this book in a single sitting because I honestly did not want to put it down. The story has the author’s trademark snarky humor that is reminiscent of her early Dark Hunter books.

Speaking of Sherrilyn’s DH books, Acheron and Simi make an appearance. I squeed in delight. It proves that INFERNAL AFFAIRS does tie into the Dark Hunter world. We even get to meet Ash and Tory’s son! I really enjoyed Simi and Helly’s friendship. Those two are so alike that it spells trouble!


No comments: