Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Yona of the Dawn, Vol. 24 review


I generally do not review manga. However, I thought this would be a nice change-of-pace for me.



I am a fan of both the manga and anime. The anime’s ending convinced me to start the manga – which I am so glad I did. So, when I saw Netgalley offered a chance to read and review the newest volume, I jumped at the chance.



I like seeing into the shared past of Yona, Hak and Su-won. The scenes really shows the bonds the three had as children. Also, how Yona and Hak continue to puzzle over Su-won’s betrayal.  A familiar face arrives, one Yona nor Hak thought never to see again.



I am insanely curious to see how Yona and Hak’s relationship evolve. I am so invested on seeing them as a couple. It is always a treat seeing their development. This volume did not disappoint on that score.



There is a sense that something is about to happen… for good or worse, is still the ultimate question.



I adore the art. The scenes are done in such vivid detail.  Even this far in, the art style has not changed which I like.

I cannot wait for Volume 25. Oh the anticipation! To see what will happen between Xing and Kouka. 






It is a shame the anime did not get a Second Season. There is enough material to make it so. There are some characters I could see come alive in animation.

No comments: