Monday, August 2, 2021

Painting fun + story: Kheldin

 

The resin figure I chose to show is from LOOT-STUDIOS Welcome pack.

The mystery man – Yeah, I too thought of Aragorn/Strider from Lord of the Rings when I first saw it. Then another character came to mind (Kheldin)…

Sadly, I did not create him, and I do not know his owner’s real name. This character interacted with my first character Kiirri – who will always be dear to my heart. Kiirri and Kheldin is one of my favorite couples…

This is how I imagined he looked when Kiirri first encountered him in a tavern. I remember him sitting in a darken corner watching everyone in the room.

I hope someday I can find a figure that matches Kiirri

 

Please excuse any grammatical errors in the writing piece. This is actually a section from another novel of mine – that needs a massive overhaul. If it will ever get done I cannot say. Kheldin’s name is a place holder for now.




            Kiirri cradled the earthenware cup with pale fingers. She shifted her stance to search for an ideal place to enjoy her treat. Maybe even partake in some conversation. Taverns, in her estimation, were the best place to gather intel and gossip.

She touched her gaze on each person within the room. Dwarves, centaur, and a variety of elves frequented the place. She even spotted a minotaur of all creatures.

Three harried barmaids flitted from table to table, removing cups and dishes only to replace them later. She commiserated with the one who attended the table with the centaur, enduring the man’s leer and swishing tale.

However, the occupant in the dim corner garnered her immediate attention. He blended seamlessly into the shadowy darkness. The cowl he wore obscured the parts of his face that would have been visual.

Kiirri sensed no malice or enmity from him. Then why all the distrustful glances?’ She pondered before tilting her nose up to scent the air. This enigmatic person challenged her animalistic senses.

She detected magic. It felt so soothing and warm to her senses. She sniffed again and caught the pungent tang of bark, leaves, and soil. A scent she often associated with the forest folk and the druii.

Intuition told her this person was not sylvan.  Beneath that she caught the unmistakable musk of man. That answers that question. Now the other.’

The man posed no threat. He simply sat in his corner and watched the tableau of the room without joining in. Her curiosity prompted her approach.

“May I join you?” Kiirri motioned her head to the empty chair at his table.

 

No comments: