Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Review:

 

This manga has three stories. Neither one interacts with the other, so they can stand alone.

The love scenes are on the tame side, which I am totally fine with. The author focuses more on the characters and plot than random, raunchy, explicit sex scenes.

The stories are more wholesome than complicated or dark.

Takemura is a loner. He prefers to keep to himself, a lesson he learned in high school. Take has no interest in socializing until a colleague at work pesters him. Natsui is Take’s opposite. He is well liked by all of his co-workers and peers. Natsui is also a single father. The two men run into each other in the supermarket, and Natsui invites Take over for dinner.

Natsui is a sweetheart! He refuses to allow Takemura to alienate himself. Natsui tries to include Take in all social gatherings, at work and outside of work.

I feel for Takemura. The incident at school scarred him from putting himself out there. He just does not want to experience that kind of hurt again. I like how Natsui’s influence is slowly helping Take become more approachable.

This is my favorite story of the whole manga. I guess I like the single father finding love with a man angle.


 Kuma’s curt demeanor and scowly appearance makes people assume he is a delinquent. He is a third-year at high school. Yagi is an elite college student. He breaks up with his boyfriend in front of Kuma and his boyfriend’s younger brother. Something about Yagi’s expression haunts Kuma. He vows to make Yagi forget his ex and to make him happy.

The story felt a little one-sided to me. I wish it would have focused on Yagi, enough to give me a feel about his character. Mainly, the story felt like it was all about Kuma and his accepting his feelings.

 

Harada is a friendly and outgoing first-year college student. He is studying business. Kodama is a reserved and standoffish third-year college student. He studies psychology. Harada insists on becoming friends with Kodama after helping the older male when he fell ill. Kodama cannot help but psychoanalyze Harada’s “supposed” feelings.

I simply could not get into this story. It just fell flat to me.


I received this manga through Netgalley

No comments: