Friday, January 7, 2022

Review of Fujimom's LOVESICK ELLIE

 

Eriko Ichimura is a socially awkward girl, who is always overlooked by her classmates. She only has one hobby: tweeting about her fantasies under an alias. However, Akira Ohmi, the most popular boy in school, discovers Ichimura’s secret. Yet, she also learns about his secret.

I could not help but to relate with Ichimura. I too often feel invisible to the people around me. She shows how that affect can have on a person, especially a teenager. I like how Ichimura discovers Ohmi’s secret, and yet, she senses why he behaves like that. She understands her shortcomings and accepts them.

LOVESICK ELLIE has this WOLF GIRL AND BLACK PRINCE vibe. I adored that manga. Ohmi reminds me of WGaBP’s Kyouya Sata, especially how both boys have two sides to their personality. They pretend to be pleasant and approachable on the outside, only to hide their cynic, true selves beneath.

I will definitely be adding this manga to my personal collections. And I cannot wait for any future volumes.


No comments: