Thursday, March 31, 2022

Review: Maki Miyoshi's NIGHTTIME FOR JUST US TWO


No one in school remembers Miyako’s name. She has accepted that she is a “nobody” to her peers. Then, one night, Miyako runs into a Koga – the most popular boy in school and her classmate. She, at first, believes he is teasing her by claiming to be an alien and by wanting to be her friend. However, Koga/Chiro is the only person who acknowledges Miyako’s existence.

First off, I could not help but identify and empathize with Miyako. I know how it feels to be a nobody to the people around me.

Koga and Chiro are two different personalities. Koga is manipulative. Chiro is sweet-natured and kind. The alien angle is a bit hard to accept. I think I would have liked it better if Chiro had been another personality of Koga’s.

I am on the fence about this manga. It is a quick read, but I am uncertain if I want to continue with it.


No comments: