Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Review for Skye Jordan's HELL HATH NO FURY

 

HELL HATH NO FURY
PARANORMAL/ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

 

 

 

AUTHOR:
Skye Jordan

RELEASE DATE:
September 7, 2023

PUBLISHER:
Cygnet Books

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
978194476515

RATING:
4

 

 

Jessica Fury is a Washington lobbyist. She has never forgotten the incident that took both her husband and her happiness. Jessica’s former hazmat team re-enters her life with a shocking revelation. The surprise could make her happy or it could destroy her for good. Can Jessica and her friends expose the one responsible for the chemical fire five years ago? Will they ever discover who Q really is?

Q has spent five years as a human lab rat. He remembers nothing of his former life. Q dreams of a certain woman who made his captivity tolerable. When he is rescued by strangers, Q comes face-to-face with the woman from his dreams. Now they must evade the unscrupulous people who want him back. Will Q ever get his memories back? Or will he be forced to return to his captors?

I just could not like Jessica. She is not the type of heroine I like to read; she came off too wishy-washy for my tastes. I could not empathize with her at all. Yeah, I understand that people deal with grief in myriad of ways. I get that. It just did not work here with her. Jessica’s personality is what kept me from enjoying the story. Which is ironic, since I did not mind her so much when the book was first released. Now I just find her too pitiful.

My heart went out to Q/Quiad. The man had undergone so many horrors by unscrupulous people. I like how he found a lifeline with his dreams of Jessica. They kept him from giving up and becoming a killing machine.

HELL HATH NO FURY is the third book in Skye Jordan’s romantic suspense series, PHOENIX RIDING. The author must have got her rights back from Kensington and re-released the series. HELL HATH NO FURY’s former title is RUSH.  I remember when the author first released this series back in 2012 and 2013 under her pseudonym Joan Swan.

At the time, I really enjoyed the first three books. The fourth, SHATTER, I never got around to reading because it too is a second-chance story. I am not a fan of that trope, so I hit my limit of tolerance with the second and third book. I wanted something different and more for my boy Mitch.

I had a difficult time getting immersed in the story this time around. Things I did not mind back then grated and annoyed me now. I know my preferences have changed, and I suspect that played a significant role. I noticed the author updated the technology in the story’s new version.



This is the former cover with the old title

No comments: