Friday, February 23, 2024

My review for Angie Fox's DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN

 

DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN
Paranormal Romance

 


AUTHOR:
Angie Fox

RELEASE DATE:
March 19, 2024

PUBLISHER:
Moose Island Books

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
9781957685175

RATING:
4.5

AUTHOR LINK:
https://angiefox.com/

 

 

Sugarland, Tennessee has not always been the safe and peaceful town it is today. It too has a dark and seedy past… Or so Verity Long discovers. When her ghostly sidekick’s girlfriend gets possessed, she jumps in to help. All the clues lead to a 1956 cold case. Verity and Frankie’s investigation takes them to an abandoned drive-in and an Irish mob’s pub. Can Verity solve the case in time to save her ghostly partner and his girlfriend? And are some secrets better left buried?

Verity always struck me as the selfless type. So, it is no surprise that she willingly offered to help Frankie save Molly. She would never leave any friend, the living or the ghostly, behind. I like the support Verity gets from both her sister and Ellis. Verity knows that when it comes to information, Melody is her “to go” person.

I love Ellis’ steadfast belief in Verity’s ability. He may worry but Ellis knows that she will do what she feels is necessary.

Frankie the German is totally stepping up. In this story, he demonstrates what he is willing to do for Molly. It is nice seeing him being so selfless for a change. Yeah, Frankie still has some deep-seeded issues he needs to work on. But I believe he will eventually get there. I suspect that once he realizes he can trust Verity will Frankie move on.  

The one character that surprised me the most in this book is Virginia, Ellis’ mother, and Verity’s nemesis. I always hated the despicable things she did and said to Verity in the earlier book. Virginia deserved the comeuppance she received in book eleven, GIVE UP THE GHOST. I notice that it humbled her, especially towards Verity. I am also glad that she finally noticed the upstanding man that Ellis is. It always takes a distasteful situation to find out who cares for you.

DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN is book thirteen in Angie Fox’s paranormal-mystery romance series, SOUTHERN GHOST HUNTER MYSTERIES. The story can easily stand alone, yet I suggest reading the series from start to finish. Each book shows the trials both Verity and Frankie underwent in their unlikely partnership. Poor Ellis, he hardly showed up in this story. That is the only nitpick I have. The only question I have is… When is Verity’s grandmother going to make an appearance!!


No comments: