Friday, January 12, 2024

My review for Larissa Ione's LEGACY OF TEMPTATION

 

LEGACY OF TEMPTATION
Paranormal romance

 

  

AUTHOR:
Larissa Ione

RELEASE DATE:
February 6, 2024

PUBLISHER:
Blue Box Press

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
1957568704

RATING:
5

AUTHOR LINK:
https://www.larissaione.com/

 

 

Logan is the son of the Horsemen known as Death and an Aegis defector. He works in the Spirit Management Division at DART, an agency that deals with supernaturals. Logan finds himself babysitting a group of Aegis guardians in the exchange program. There is one among their group that garners his complete notice. Logan knows better than to trust anyone in The Aegis, but he cannot seem to ignore Eva. When tragedy strikes, pitting DART and The Aegis against one another, he must protect her from his friend. Can Logan trust Eva? Or will he be forced to choose his friend’s life over hers?

Eva Tennant excels at her work as the Deputy Spokesperson for the Aegis. She aims to win the promotion of becoming the next Chief Spokesperson. However, Eva first needs to participate in an exchange program with DART, an agency known to employ demons and supernaturals. When the program fails drastically, Eva and her comrades find themselves being hunted. She knows the only chance of survival is with Logan. While on the run, Eva learns a great many things about herself and her agency. Will Eva betray Logan for her career? Or will she side with him and DART?

I just have one word for Logan. “Rawr”. He is the perfect blend of both his parents. Logan may be Death’s son, but he never once behaved arrogant or conceited about the fact. I remember the details surrounding his conception and birth from LETHAL RIDER, book three in LORDS OF DELIVERANCE. Ione did a great job keeping that circumstance from being the main focus of the story. What I love the most about Logan is his camaraderie with his family and friends, especially Cujo. They mean the world to him, and Logan would do just about anything, ignore his heart and feelings, to help or protect them.

 

Eva is a career-minded woman. Everything she worked for centered around getting a certain promotion. I like how Eva did not seem as fanatical as her superiors and comrades. Yes, she believed everything taught to her in school and the agency as truth. However, when faced with factual truth, Eva did not cling to it. Instead, she started questioning everything she had been taught. I really respect that about her. What I really like about Eva is her ability to accept Logan’s heritage. She understood his reasons for omitting them when they first met and sympathized.

 

LEGACY OF TEMPTATION is the first book in Larissa Ione’s brand-new paranormal romance series, DEMONICA BIRTHRIGHT. This series deals with the next generation, so I highly recommend reading the DEMONICA and LORDS OF DELIVERANCE books. Some of the later books I have not read, but it did not impede my ability to follow the state of their world or the storyline.

I cannot stress how psyched I am for this story. I fondly remember when I first discovered this author and her world. The DEMONICA and the LORDS OF DELIVERANCE books became fast favorites of mine. I never realized how much I missed the characters, especially Thanatos and Wraith! It was like re-acquainting myself with beloved friends I haven’t seen in ages. I love the fact that their children are snarky replicas of their parents.

Now to wait for the next installment! All I can say is: BRING. IT. ON!


No comments: