Monday, January 15, 2024

My review of Kiyuhiko's THE WHITE AND BLUE BETWEEN US

 

THE WHITE AND BLUE BETWEEN US
Boys Love

 

 

AUTHOR:
Kiyuhiko

RELEASE DATE:
February 13, 2024

PUBLISHER:
Kodansha Comics

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
9781646519774

RATING:
3.5

 

 

Hozumi returns home after seven years. He discovers, at a school reunion, that his friend and first love became a shut in. Hozumi wants to make amends for rejecting Mishima. However, Mishima rebuffs his every attempt. Hozumi desperately wants to explain his reasons for breaking up with Mishima.

Mishima’s entire world revolves around the lighthouse. He does not associate with anyone in his hometown. Then the person responsible for breaking his heart returns. Mishima distrusts Hozumi. However, Hozumi refuses to leave him be. Can Mishima and Hozumi make peace with their past?

The story (and art) was “okay”. Even in the romance novels I tend to read, I am not a fan of second-chance trope. I always feel cheated out of the romance (as in the start of their attraction, following the build-up and then the confession). I guess I expected a little “more” from the plot and storyline.

This was a quick read.


No comments: