Tuesday, January 2, 2024

My review of Lenora Bell's YOU’RE THE DUKE THAT I WANT


 YOU’RE THE DUKE THAT I WANT

Historical Romance

 

 AUTHOR:

Lenora Bell

RELEASE DATE:
December 26, 2023

PUBLISHER:
Avon

ISBN/ ASIN NUMBER :
9780063316881

RATING:
3.5

AUTHOR LINK:
https://lenorabell.com/

 

 

Dane Walker, a renowned rake, is heir presumptive to the dukedom of Rydell. He visits an idyllic seaside village incognito, only to encounter Sandrine. Something about the innocent miss makes Dane want to do good. When he receives news about his brother, Dane leaves both Sandrine and her home behind. He never expected to run into her again in London. Sandrine’s presence jeopardizes things for Dane. Can Dane discover who is behind his brother’s death? Or will he succumb to Sadrine’s innocent wiles?

Sandrine Oliver wishes for adventure not the stifling future her overprotective mother has planned out. She never expected to meet a person like Dane. He turns her ordinary, mundane world upside down, only to leave without an explanation. Sandrine visits London for business only to run into Dane. She and her new friends intend to make him pay for his past treatment. Can Sandrine convince Dane that they belong together? Or will London prove to be too much for her sensibilities?

YOU’RE THE DUKE THAT I WANT is the first book in Lenora Bell’s historical romance series, THE THUNEDERBOLT CLUB. The story is heavily inspired by the movie Grease. Which shows with the names and certain situations within the storyline. I wanted to enjoy the story because that movie is one of my all-time favorites. However, the historical take just did not mesh well for me. I found some of the characters and scenes over-the-top and cringe worthy. It just felt off with me that dampened my enjoyment.

No comments: